Monday, January 13, 2014

Mommy Mondays - Cooking with Kids

I love to cook...in fact I could spend all day in my kitchen!  I know that my love of cooking is something I want to pass onto my girls!  They already have a play kitchen, and Lacie will spend all day mixing up recipes and "feeding" them to her sister, her dolls, and anyone else who comes over!

If I turn on the Food Network, she will stop what she's doing and watch carefully!  Then, she mimics what she sees!  So I try to bring her into the kitchen to help me cook from time to time.  Right now it is not all that often...she is only 2!  I don't trust her to handle things like raw meat or eggs.  She also can't touch a knife!  So I bring her in when I am making something simple - and today I made just about the easiest thing ever!


2 Ingredient Cake!!!!  Yes, only two ingredients!  Aside from being easy and fast, this cake is actually fat-free!  So you can enjoy a sweet treat while keeping those New Years Resolutions!  This is not my recipe...I learned about it back when I was doing Weight Watchers after Lacie was born!  It was so simple that I made it all the time, and it really took care of those sugar cravings!  Now I am sharing it with you!



Here's What You Need to Make the 2 Ingredient Cake:

  • one box angel food cake mix
  • one can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
Even Blakely wanted to watch! 

Now Let's Make the 2 Ingredient Cake:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray (I used PAM)
  2. Put the cake mix and the entire can of crushed pineapple - including the juice - into a large mixing bowl
  3. Stir gently until incorporated - it should be light and fluffy
  4. Pour into greased pan
  5. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the top is golden brown and springy and the edges pull away from the pan
  6. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely
  7. Slice cake into 12 squares and store in an airtight container or wrap each piece individually to pack in school/work lunches 
This is what it looks like when you cut it open!  Crusty and golden brown on the outside...white and fluffy on the inside!  So so so good! 




3 comments:

  1. What are the calories for one slice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deana! I don't actually calculate the calories in any of the things that I make. If I remember correctly, when I was doing weight watchers, one slice (or 1/12 of the cake) was equal to 2 points which would have been around 100 calories. And they are pretty generous slices! I hope that helps!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...